Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Caribbean Sunset Swatches & Review

This morning I ordered another Avon quad, which of course was a great reminder to continue with my Avon True Color Eyeshadow review series! These are the products currently on the list to be reviewed:

  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Mauve Glow
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Golden Blossom
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Chocolate Creme
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Sunkissed
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Caribbean Sunset

  • Today we will take a look at the one quad I have from Avon right now.
     
     
     
    At the time I purchased this Avon had a proper photography representing the quad. If I was just using their color-block representation there is no way I would have bought it, as it really doesn't look like those shades! I was rather excited about this set and it was #2 on my list as far as expectations.
     
     
    Swatched over bare skin.
     
    I am happy to report that this little beauty did not disappoint! The browns (which I was the most excited about) are rather pigmented, but they take a couple of swipes to build up the color. I like that in these colors as I bought them for something more neutral, subtle and natural to wear every day.
     
    The blue is lovely, though I won't be too likely to wear it. I don't think blues do much for me, but this one exceeded my expectations and is tempting!
     
    The orange shade is the sad dud in the set. I do have to work harder to build any pigmentation with it, which is sad because only this summer I've found I really like orange shadow!
     
     
    The two browns are smooth and soft. They are a silky powder that feels lovely going on. The blue is similar, though not as silky. The orange is a hard shadow that is kind of a pain. You do have to wrangle that feisty guy!
     
    Overall, I would buy this again! It retails for $9, but there are frequent sales. I would, however, be willing to pay full price and I would even give this as a gift. I like it so much that I went back to Avon.com and purchased the Mocha Latte Quad and have my eye on 2-3 more. 
     
    As far as overall quality, this is my favorite Avon shadow kit so  far.
     
    Recommended: Yes!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment