Thursday, June 20, 2013

Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Golden Blossom Swatches & Review

I recently made my first Avon purchases and am working my way through reviewing the following products, as I complete each review I will link it in all of the other posts so you can easily find info on the duo you are most interested in!

  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Mauve Glow
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Golden Blossom
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Chocolate Creme
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Sunkissed
  • Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Caribbean Sunset
As I mentioned in my previous review, the Avon website doesn't have good product representation when it comes to their eyeshadow colors.

 
 
When I opened Golden Blossom for the first time I wasn't particularly impressed. It is a medium pink with a light cream highlight. Upon brushing a finger over them I found I liked the pink, but the cream wasn't a cream at all. It was an almost colorless pearlescent shimmer. I worked with it for a while just to come up empty over and over. There really is, for me, just no getting any color payoff from the lighter shade!


Top swatches without primer on bare, clean skin



Though my swatches photo is a little blurry, I think you can see what I mean. The shade swatched on the right is just, 'What? Is there something there??' I know that right now there is quite a bit of popularity with irredescent pearl shadows, but this is just not cutting it.

The pink, however? The pink goes on beautifully! Over my Revlon primer it lasts all day, even lasting through a hot shower! (I did keep my face out of the water, of course) I love the pink so much that I would have paid the $3.33 for it alone. I doubt that I would pay the usual $7 for it, however, as for that price I would certainly hope for quite a bit more product. If the lighter shade did anything at all it might be worth $7 to repurchase the duo, but unfortunately I will only buy this beauty on sale.

Recommended: No



No comments:

Post a Comment