Monday, July 8, 2013

Covergirl outlast stay brilliant glosstinis review && swatches, purple freeze

This past weekend I picked up Covergirl's outlast stay brilliant glosstinis in Purple Freeze and Appletini, and now I'm here to tell you what I think of them!

They are tiny. As far as application their size did not bother me. I am a functional novice when it comes to nail polish, so if you have more advanced needs keep that in mind but my small hands were satisfied with their stature. The big benefit to their smallness is that they obviously require very little space in my cosmetics case. Big bonus!

As far as their application I found it smooth and fairly even. Two coats gave nice opaque color.

Dry time, however, was an issue. I am a rather hands on mother and these seemed to need about an hour to set completely. After 10 minutes or so I bumped my right hand on a pair of tongs and made two holes in my thumb and forefinger's polish. Once it set these holes did not seem to present any real weakness in the finish.

24 Hours: 48 Hours: The polish made it through the 24 hour mark without noticeable chipping, peeling or fading but fell apart between 24 and 48 hours. I had hoped by the 24 hour mark it would make it to 72, but it wasn't even close. To be fair, I washed multiple heads of hair, loads of dishes, weeded my garden thoroughly without gloves and lived my life without concern for my nail polish. I did not use base or top coats. I did not prep the nails. I just polished and "goed". I can paint my nails 2x a week, but 3+ I won't do. In the end, I still have my eyes on Sangria, Blue Hawaiian and Bahama Mama. I will do test runs with buffed nails and with base and top coats to see if it improves wear time on these cuties. RECOMMENDED: Yes, for fun, when on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment